NextPush - Android
NextPush is a push server that runs within a Nextcloud instance for easy setup.
- License: AGPL-3.0
- Sources: https://codeberg.org/NextPush/nextpush-android
- Server: https://codeberg.org/NextPush/uppush
- Technology: HTTP Server Sent Events
- Download for Android:
- A Nextcloud server
- The server needs to have a Redis instance connected to it
- The server’s reverse-proxy should be configurable (to handle timeouts)
- The server needs to have the NextPush server app installed. Follow the instructions in the link to learn how to set it up.
- Install and sign into your Nextcloud account using the official Nextcloud Application.
- Install the NextPush client and sign into your Nextcloud account.
- Install one application supporting UnifiedPush, or UP-Example. Login into the application if you need to, for instance with your mastodon account or with your matrix account.
- The application will automatically detect NextPush and use it to send notifications.